Sean Maher's Quality Control

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Images Aplenty

I wanna show more pictures today. Three things.

*****

One:

I'm juiced as fuck for Casanova. Have been ever since the announcement, when they revealed the creative team (Matt Fraction and Gabriel Ba) and the format (16 pages of comics in a 24-page book for $2). The first issue comes out soon and is actually 32 pages of comic for $2. Preview pages are up at Newsarama right now.

So, yeah, basically, you're an idiot if you don't buy this.





*****

Two:

Checking back in with Josh Fialkov, I notice a few things. One, he saw the stage production of The Black Rider, featuring music by Tom Waits. He thinks I'm jealous as fuck. What the asshole doesn't realize is, see, is that I'm jealous as fuck that he mentions he saw Tom Waits on the Mule Variations tour almost as an afterthought and I've only ever seen Tom Waits twice in my life, neither of them at a Tom Waits concert. Once was at a John Hammond concert, when he was touring for his excellent album of Waits covers and Tom got up to do two songs with him (a shining moment of excitement in my life - as Molly puts it, we finally understood Beatlemania). The other time is for another time, but it's a funny story. Works better in person, though, so Josh - ask me about it when next we meet.

So, the other thing I noticed was the cover for Elk's Run #7, which is deadly awesome, and his announcement that "Only the colors on 8 remain before the book is done. I got tons of exciting stuff going on with the book… none of which I can talk about. Soon though. Soon." Hallelujah!

Behold:



Josh also points out that on a recent Bad Signal, Warren Ellis has shared even MORE Fialkov love by calling Punks (along with Casanova and Phonogram) "the singles of the year so far."

*****

And finally, I just saw the recent South Park episodes where they tried to show Mohammed and Comedy Central pussed out and wouldn't let them. Now, I don't see the point in endangering innocent people just for the sake of a joke, but I sure as hell believe in defending free speech by throwing a big fat FUCK YOU in the faces of anyone who would try to scare us into censorship. The point isn't the joke; the point is the freedom.

So, here's some of those Danish cartoons. Somebody got so mad about this that they decided to murder somebody else. That's how fucking retarded some people are. So, this is me doing my small part to tell all those people to kiss my ass.







"You can't do what he wants, just because he's the one threatening you with violence."

Amen.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger Sean Maher said…

    Zilla - you ever read Last of the Independents by Fraction and Keiron Dwyer? Nothing mind-blowingly original, but really well done and fun.

    Tom - I'm with you, brother. Remind me: what's up with COTG's trade at the mo'?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com