Sean Maher's Quality Control

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Isotope Lovin'!

What I've got for you today is massive, massive love for James Sime, Kirsten Baldock and everyone at the Isotope for tracking this puppy down and hooking me up on my New Comics Day with the best gift ever:



The faithful and well-read among you will of course recognize the artwork of the brilliant Mr. David Petersen, creator of my new favorite series, Mouse Guard. This is original artwork (from the cover, no less) for the sold-out Mouse Guard sketchbook! I mean: HOLY SHIT!

Words fail me. The owner of my local comics shop noticing a new favorite book of mine, tracking down the cover art, contacting the artist, buying it and having it shipped to the store all as appreciation for my patronage? Un-fucking-believable. I guess it just goes to show that when you share the love, as I try to do every day, sometimes it comes back to you even bigger than you sent it.

This gorgeous page couldn't possibly go on my wall fast enough, save that my good pals over at AiT/Planet Lar hooked me up first with the scan and a beautiful frame.

God bless America, the Isotope, Mouse Guard, and us, everyone.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com