Sean Maher's Quality Control

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

New Comics Day!

Short entry, today, because life is tragic. And, again, I won't be getting my new comics until fucking Friday (Saturday?) because of work! Aaaarrrgh!

But I think these quick things may be worth pointing out:


  • Infinite Crisis #5 is, startlingly, the only DC comic I'm buying this week. I find this surprising not only because I generally think (thought?) of DC as my preferred publisher, but because I generally don't give two shits about the DCU. I'm a big Vertigo and WildStorm guy, usually, but somehow I'm locked into this one.

  • Fear Agent #3 and Superpatriot: War On Terror #3 are my Image picks. Kirkman's Superpatriot book is, what, a year late? Should be interesting to see what's going on there - is this even the end of the series? Jesus Christ. Psyched also to see some more balls-to-the-wall sci-fi in Remender and Tony Moore's work on Fear Agent.

  • Marvel's pulling the hat trick with me this week, as I'll be picking up Books Of Doom #4, Punisher MAX #31, and X-Factor #4. I'm particularly excited about Punisher, having been totally blown away by the last arc.

  • Dark Horse's Hellboy: Makoma #2 should be a nice kick in the ass with that Richard Corben artwork.

  • Boom! Studios is bringing that War Of The Worlds: Second Wave #1 that I've been eyeballing - I'll be sure and grab one of these to see what's going on here.

  • I'm kinda waffling on Dynamite's Red Sonja series. Mike Carey's not even co-writer anymore, and he's the name that brought me to the book to begin with. I've got it pre-ordered, so I'll pick up #7 this week, but it's nearing my drop list.

  • Whoah, whoah, whoah. What the hell is Harris Comics' Vampirella Morrison & Millar Collection TP? Twenty-five bones is too rich for my blood this week, for reasons below, but I've really enjoyed the Millar/Morrison collaboration from what I've seen of it. This might be worth looking into...

  • Then there's my big ticket item this week, Neil Kleid's Brownsville HC from NBM. Kleid's one of those up-and-comers I like to think I was in with on the ground floor (or close to it, more likely - huge amounts of work go into that first time that you see somebody's comics) and I'm psyched to see such an ambitious project come to fruition. The preview I read looked pretty damn good, so I'm gonna pick this baby up for sure.




Enjoy your comics today, friends. I'll be boiling in jealousy over here.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Josh Richardson said…

    No Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis?

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger Sean Maher said…

    No Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis.

    I love Busiek as much as the next guy, but we're talking about Aquaman.

    You let me know if it's good, though, and I'll take a look.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com