Sean Maher's Quality Control

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A few more nibbles

Much love to Mark Fossen for cluing me in to Action Comics and Busiek's current run on the title. I'm so gay for Superman comics right now it's like I don't recognize myself - since when do I give two shits about feckin' Superman, for cryin' out loud?

So when I went to the Isotope this afternoon, I found no new comics (because, dumbass, Monday holidays mean Thursday comics, duh), so I caught up on Action Comics as well as nabbing the second issue of Wasteland (which I've been told was a big improvement over the first) and the first issue of Phonogram (which Ash loved so much).

*****

Does anyone else here dig The Roots?

You know you can see 'em at Rasputin Music this Saturday? That's the one over in Berkeley. One o'clock in the afternoon. It's unclear to me if they're performing or just signing, but what the hell, eh? If you're in the neighborhood...

*****

Two places to eat pizza here in San Francisco that are awesome:

Patxi's Chicago Pizza - apparently I didn't know a damn thing about Chicago-style pizza, because I never really cared for it. But when James and Jared swore up and down it would be a religious experience, I had to belly up, and goddamn, that's a nice pie. Several layers of cheese and toppings in a pizza about two inches tall, with the tomato sauce on the top (with more toppings). Awesome service, too. Well worth the money, but don't go alone, 'cause it's a shitload of food. They do have slices, but I think the fun is all in the GIANT FUCKING PIZZA they bring to your table.

EDIT: It looks like this, for Christ's sake:



and...

Milano's Pizzeria and Italian Restaurant - where, last night, Molly and Ash Aiwase and Josh Richardson and his Chris French and I put away seven pitchers of beer, a huge order of garlic bread and a four-topping extra-large pizza for a scant fifty-six bucks. Tuesdays and Thursdays they sell pitchers of MGD or Weinhardt's (a personal fave of mine) for a scant $3.75 (used to be just $2.50!), and our waitress was awesome. Good times with good people, good food, good drink, good prices.

17 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com