Sean Maher's Quality Control

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

This Week's Haul

Anybody seen the new nickels? Man, poor Thomas Jefferson.



Man, I don't know whose fault this is - whether it's the original painting by Rembrandt Peale, the design by Jamie Franki or the engraving by Donna Weaver - but I have never seen an historical American hero look so much like a sickly child molester.

*****

Looks like a decent haul coming in tomorrow.

DMZ #8 should be a blast, as I think the series has been getting better and better. Seemed weird how easily Matty got pulled out of the warzone last issue, but they sent him right back in so I guess it won't change the scenery too much.

Fables #50 brings the return of Bigby to the series, and I couldn't be happier about that.

Fear Agent #5 should be Jerome Opena's first issue, right? Looking forward to that, too!

Liberty Meadows, Vol 1 TP gets a new printing this week, and per my review of issue #37 last week, I'm definitely intrigued. I'll likely check this out.

Umbra #1 is a new project from writer Murphy with the brilliant Mike Hawthorne on artwork, and I'm curious to see what they've got up their sleeves. Not sure what the book is about honestly, but I'm pretty much a Hawthorne completist at this point.

Marvel Team-Up, Vol 3: League Of Losers TP - Yeah, why not?

Marvel Westerns: Two-Gun Kid is a Dan Slott book, which automatically throws it in my pull file. Can't wait.

Wolverine: Origins #3 - y'know, I'm gonna stick with it through the first arc, I think. It's been dumb fun so far, and even if it's not the comic I'm proudest of buying, at least I get some Steve Dillon art into the bargain. That buys a whole lot of leeway in my book.

Super Fuckers #3: ah, more Kochalka insanity. When last we saw these guys, Jack Krak had become a born-again Christian, right? This is always fun reading.

*****

Ooh, Jim Lee's Wild CATS cover (one of, uh, three):



Hee hee!
 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com