Sean Maher's Quality Control

Monday, June 12, 2006

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass returns!

Mark your calendars - this is my single favorite event of the year!



Ah, the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival. Artist list for this year is "coming soon" but I already know Gillian Welch and David Rawlings will be there, and last year I also got to catch Earl Scruggs, The Del McCoury Band, Tim O'Brien, Emmylou Harris, and - get this - Doc Watson.

I missed out on Buddy Miller, Ralph Stanley and J.D. Crowe & The New South, but if they're there again this year I won't repeat the mistake.

That's October 7th and 8th, kids. Don't look for me anywhere else.

*****

EDIT: Ooh, Buddy Miller's producing the new Solomon Burke album!



And according to MSNBC, it'll include a song written by Gillian Welch! Damn, this oughtta be worth a look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com