Sean Maher's Quality Control

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Advance on Friday

Heading out for a wee vacation tomorrow, so I won't post again until probably Monday.

*****

Found at the opening to Harry Crews' book, The Knockout Artist:

This hocus-pocus succeeded:
I buried death in a shroud of glory.


--Jean-Paul Sartre

*****

Franck points us to DC's trades and hardcovers for June. Highlights include the first five issues of DMZ in a quick trade for a mere ten bucks, a new Fables collection, and Warren Ellis' JLA Classified arc collected nice and quick.

*****

Mark Fossen points me to another upcoming Josh Fialkov project, with this teaser image:



Whereupon he pretty much hits the nail on the head:

Is that ... ? Wait - is that ... ? And that's a .... yeah, that's a guy with a fist for a head.

*****

Jesus. Not only is Eric Powell coming into the Isotope on the 11th, but Grant Morrison is beating him to the punch on the 10th?

Holy Christ.

I mean, I think I'm a bigger Eric Powell fan, but catching up with Morrison would be pretty fucking awesome too. And the neat thing is that these guys both kinda represent different facets of the Isotope itself. Two sides of the same coin, so to speak.

*****

Y'know, that's all I've got the patience to sit and type today. I've gotta go get some fucking comics!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com