Sean Maher's Quality Control

Monday, January 30, 2006

A brand new week, a tear on my cheek

Jason Rodriguez enters the final week of his blog de resistance today. Exciting, like watching the last lap in a race. Can't wait to see how he'll cap it all off.

*****

Overheard at the bar this weekend:

"The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese."

*****

Lots of cool comics coming out this week. I usually use the MillarWorld thread to find out what to expect, especially since there are fine folks like Mo and Franck pointing out stuff I might have missed otherwise. Here are some of my personal highlights:

Detective Comics #816 $2.50
Enjoying the Cliff Chiang artwork on this two-issue arc; I'd buy that guy's toilet paper if it was mass distributed. I'll be dropping the book after that, as One Year Later isn't really doing it for me.

Lucifer Vol 9 Crux TP $14.99
Goon Vol 4 My Virtue & Grim Consequences TP $16.95
Two of the very few books I like enough to buy in serial and trade format. 'Course, I'll be waiting until I find this at a local used bookstore, but nonetheless, it's gonna be hot. Lucifer in particular is completely amped up during this arc.

Noble Causes Vol 5 Betrayals TP $14.99
This'll catch me up nicely to the latest arc, which has been an unqualified success in my book. One of the very best superhero books on the market.

Fury Peacemaker #1 $3.50
This is gonna be a great book, I'm sure, but (A) it should be MAX, so Ennis and Robertson can go full tilt, and (B) I'm not paying $3.50 for a 22-age Marvel comic. It's just not gonna happen. So, right there, that's me waiting for the trade.

Hellboy Makoma #1 $2.99
This is the mini with Richard Corben art, right? Again, that's pretty much all I need.

Bluesman Vol 2 TP $8.95
The first installment of this series was fantastic. You can find some preview material at the publisher's website.

Helios In With The New #2 $2.99
Sticking with this to see what Small Gods writer Jason Rand has up his sleeve.

Anything I'm missing?
 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com