Sean Maher's Quality Control

Monday, November 21, 2005

Overslept

Oops.

Woke up at six o'clock, stayed up for a couple hours, then passed out until 1:30.

Not a lot of time before work, so I've gotta keep it brief.

Molly and I saw Walk The Line and it's fuckin' deadly. Unbelievably good. Not perfect, no, but way better than I'd worried it'd be - totally lived up to my anticipation.

I read Books of Doom #1 and I think it's gonna be awesome. I don't really dig the whole video guest spots thing - if this is some cheesy kind of "This Is Your Life!" device, it's just not working - but scary young Doom is great. There are those who would prefer to keep Dr. Doom a crazy cartoony megalomaniac, and there's something to be said for that, but I don't see how fleshing out his character and building on his history is anything but interesting, honestly.

Peace, y'all. I gotta run.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Jason said…

    Walk the Line was a very entertaining flick - didn't learn much about Cash but it was still nice to see it all on the big screen and it was so well acted and directed.

    I kind of wish they would have hit on the "Bad Christian" angle with everything, it's a good hook.

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger Sean Maher said…

    I agree with you that it's a hell of a hook, but the movie is about their relationship, and I think doubling it up with the Bad Christian thing would have cost it a lot of focus. I mean, it worked in the book, but it would've made the movie way too long, I think.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com